||Vanquis Credit Card Details
New to credit or been refused credit?
||Vanquis Credit Card Benefits
Is a Vanquis Visa Card for me? View Visa card summary
Helps you strengthen your credit rating
Maybe you're on a low income or retired? Perhaps you've run into difficulties and been left with bad credit? You may simply have no credit history. We assess your personal situation now rather than just turning you away based on the past, then your credit card can help you build your credit rating for the future. So far we've helped over 400,000 people get back on their feet. Why not apply today and join them? Look at ways you can help improve your credit rating.
A sensible credit limit to help you stay in control
We do our best to make sure we only lend you a sensible amount that you can afford to repay, letting you enjoy the benefits of a Vanquis Visa Card while staying in financial control.
A friendly UK call centre to give you the support you need
We offer responsible, reliable support when you need it. Our UK customer service agents are always very happy to listen to your needs and help. So apply today and start building your credit rating right away.
A simple online application process
It’s easy to apply, it only takes about 5 minutes to apply for a Vanquis Visa Card. We may be able to give you a quick decision within 1 minute, but we will certainly confirm receipt of your application within 1 minute and the next steps involved.
Flexible repayment options
Life is unpredictable at the best of times. And we fully understand that your circumstances can change. That’s why our credit card gives you the flexibility to budget, in order to pay off what you can afford each month.
When money’s tight, you only need pay off the minimum amount, and when you can pay off more, you can too.
Similarly when you buy any goods with your card. You’ll enjoy 56 days interest-free credit on any purchases that you have made if there is no other balance on the account.
Convenient shopping online, over the phone and across the world
A Vanquis Visa Card is the simplest way to buy online and over the phone. It lets you buy things when you need them and pay for them when you've got the money. And it's secure too.
The Vanquis Credit Card is designed to help people repair their credit. It's as simple as that. They help people that have been turned down for credit elsewhere, and provide a sensible way to stay in control of your finances and money. But you have to be responsible, and take control of your finances. As the Vanquis Credit Card can get you in trouble if you lose sight of what the card is designed to do, and that's help repair credit history. If you use the card to carry a balance month to month, the fees and interest charges will start to add up.
||Vanquis Credit Card Review
- Excellent customer services. Responsible use can help in repairing your credit rating
- Is easier to qualify for than most traditional UK credit cards.
- Extremely high APR on basic level card. You may feel a stigma attached in producing one to pay with
- Must stay below credit limit, or problem may arise
- Cash advance fee can be problematic
For many people the convenience of a credit card seems out of reach. It doesn't have to be that way. If you've been turned down elsewhere, don't despair. We'll look at what you can afford to pay back and help you take the first steps towards a brighter financial future.
Use your Vanquis Visa Card sensibly and you’ll be back on track in no time. Just keep up with your payments and stay within your limit. Your credit rating will be building as you go. And because we'll give you a sensible limit, it's easier to stay in control.
We pride ourselves on being a responsible lender. We’re open about our pricing and products so you won't get any unpleasant surprises.
Summary - This card along with the Capital One Classic card are the two cards that help consumers get their credit back on track. If you treat it with respect, getting a Vanquis Card could be the start of a new credit history. There is a lot of Internet chatter about the deceptive nature of Vanquis and the interest rates they charge. The fact is Vanquis will help you reestablish your credit history and credit record. The Vanquis card is not to be used as a daily spending credit card where you plan on carrying a balance month to month. The Vanquis credit card is to be used to fix your credit. If you use the card correctly, Vanquis will help you and your credit, if you abuse the card, the interest charges will add up quickly.
Vanquis can help you strengthen your credit rating. Maybe you're on a low income or retired? Perhaps you've run into difficulties and been left with bad credit? You may simply have no credit history. We assess your personal situation now rather than just turning you away based on the past, then your credit card can help you build your credit rating for the future. So far we've helped over 500,000 people get back on their feet. Why not apply today? Let Vanquis get your credit back on track.
Have you had a credit card application declined in the past for any of the following reasons: because you're new to credit, have a history of bad credit, a bad credit rating (including CCJ's), you’re on a low income, work part time or are self employed? At Vanquis, we aim to understand individuals’ circumstances.
We’ve already helped over 500,000 people in similar situations. A Vanquis Visa card could be just what you need. You can make a Vanquis Visa credit card application in about 5 minutes and we'll give you a response within 1 minute, which could give you the financial flexibility and convenience that helps make life so much easier. It could be your first step to credit repair – putting a bad credit rating behind you! Apply Now
- No annual fee
- A credit limit assigned at a fixed amount to help you stay in control
- Up to 56 days interest free on purchases
- Free additional cardholder
- Free fraud monitoring - we'll warn you of any suspicious activity on your account
- Chip & PIN technology for added security whenever you use your card
- Visa is widely accepted in the UK and abroad
- Convenient for paying online and over the phone
- Friendly UK call centre's
- Purchase annual interest rate 39.94% (variable)
- Amount of credit £1000
- Representative 39.9% APR (variable)
To qualify for a Vanquis Visa Card:
If you answered yes to these questions, We recommend you have your salary, banking and employment address details to hand to avoid any delays in applying. If not, the you should check out our selection of PrePaid Cards as you will be automatically rejected if applying for a Vanquis card.
- You must have not applied within the past 6 months
- You are 18 years of age or over.
- You are a permanently resident in the UK.
- You do have a landline phone number
- You are registered on the voters roll.
- You do not have an outstanding County Court Judgment against their name or one that has cleared within the past year.
Click Here to Apply Online.
If you have a history of bad credit, a credit card could seem beyond your reach. In today's world a credit card is often the most convenient and secure way of buying; allowing you to buy online, over the phone and spread the cost of everyday purchases. Our Vanquis Visa Card is designed for people with no credit history or who have previously had bad debt.
||About the Vanquis Visa Card
Many people find it hard to get credit. It maybe that you've had difficulties in the past and have a record of bad debt. Credit card companies may have turned you down due to a bad credit history or because you're new to credit with no credit history, you're on a low income or retired. Perhaps you've never wanted or needed credit in the past? Whatever the reason, if you apply for a Vanquis Visa Card we'll take a fresh look.
At Vanquis, we aim to understand individuals' circumstances. We've already helped over 400,000 people in similar situations. We'll consider you if you have a bad credit history, credit card problems, previous CCJ's, or other credit issues. We'll consider each case on its own merit.
If you're new to credit, or have had bad credit in the past, you may be nervous about getting out of your depth. Vanquis credit cards provide manageable credit limits to help you stay in control. Our customer service agents are on hand should you have a concern - whether it's a question about your account or a difficulty making a repayment, we'll do our best to help.
Vanquis is a UK bad credit credit card provider that specializes in trying to help our customers build a better credit rating. So a credit card could be just a click or two away - why not apply online now?
Refused credit? Vanquis could be the solution to help you get credit
Many people find us after they have been refused credit by other companies. Perhaps you need credit, but because you have a poor credit history or no credit history, or are on a low income, credit cards might seem out of your reach.
You might have heard the term 'sub prime credit' - industry-speak for someone with no credit history or poor credit history; who finds it difficult to obtain credit from mainstream lenders. At Vanquis we see things differently and treat each case on its own merit
How to Improve Your Credit Rating
Before you set out to improve your credit rating, it's important to find out why it is low. If you don't know, ask to see your credit reference file to find out. (See what can you do about a bad credit score to find out how to do this.) Assuming you know why you have a poor credit score, there are a number of simple steps you can take to help improve your credit rating and build credit history:
Managing Your Finances to Repair Adverse Credit Score
- Make sure you are on the electoral roll. It only takes a few minutes to register with your local council and it will help to improve your credit score over time
- Pay bills on time. This will begin to improve your credit history and will again give you an improved credit rating over time
- Be careful about the number of times you apply for credit. Every application is logged on your file and too many applications may not help your credit rating
- When applying for credit never give false details, always tell the truth. If there are inconsistencies with past credit applications or details that are held on checking systems differ from your application it will effect your credit score
- Start to build a credit history over time and when you check your credit reference file you should find an improved credit score
- How can you improve credit ratings if you can't get credit?
- Specialist credit cards like our Vanquis Visa Card are specially designed for people with bad credit. Even if you have been turned down by other companies, you may be accepted by us. As long as you manage the card properly, stay within your credit limits and pay promptly, this is a good way to build credit history and to improve your credit rating.
It’s easy to find yourself with adverse credit, but what can you do about it? Applying for an adverse credit card is one way to build your credit rating (see how to improve your credit rating page) but you should also be thinking about addressing how you got into this situation in the first place.
Tips on how to manage your finances more effectively
For some people, adverse credit starts as a result of a one-off event, like divorce or a health problem which puts strain on personal finances, but for many others, adverse credit is a result of mismanaging personal finances.
Adverse credit is not as uncommon as you may think. The Citizen’s Advice Bureaus deal with over 5,000 people with debt problems everyday; average household debt (excluding mortgages) in the UK is over £8,000 and rising*. Rather than ignoring your situation and living with impaired credit and the complications it can bring, why not take a few simple steps to manage your finances better:
Set yourself sensible financial goals. Where do you want to be in 1 month, 3 months, 1 year and 3 years?
Write down your outgoings - the money you need to get by each month. Include all the essentials like mortgage/rent, council tax and utility bills, food shopping, travel to work.
Look at the money you have coming in; if it’s more than your outgoings, take the remainder and give yourself a budget to include on clothes, going out, paying off credit debts or building savings etc.
If the money coming in is less than your outgoings, think about what you can do to reduce your outgoings
Or try increasing the money you have coming in;
- Why not search online price comparison sites for items you’re looking to buy, in order to get the cheapest price
- Search out the cheapest gas/electricity/water providers as you could make substantial savings throughout the year
- How about turning your heating down a degree or two to reduce your heating bill and at the same time help the environment
- Are there any non essential items that you can cut back on i.e. do you really need that extra pair of shoes?!
- Maybe a new job
- Gain some overtime at work
- Can you turn an interest or hobby into an income earner
- Could you have a car boot sale and raise money from old knick-knack’s that you no longer need or use
If it all seems too difficult - get advice. Your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau will be happy to talk through your financial situation and advise you what you can do about your debts.
What not to do
Whatever you do, don’t ignore demands for money, credit debts, council tax bills or the like. This is the fastest way to end up in an adverse credit situation, which is often avoidable. If you are having trouble paying debts, always talk to the company or entity involved or get independent advice.
Important: Credit is subject to: status; telephone contact; confirmation of name and address; no reasonable suspicion of fraud, and is only available to UK residents who are at least 18 years of age and are not legally restricted from obtaining credit e.g. because of bankruptcy. Please read our Terms and Conditions for full financial details.
Vanquis Visa Card is issued by Vanquis Bank Limited. Vanquis Bank can be contacted at its registered office, which is at Colonnade, Sunbridge Road, Bradford, BD1 2LQ. Registered number 2558509 England. Consumer Credit licence number 532364. VAT number 180555952. Vanquis Bank Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
©Vanquis Bank Limited 2008
** The UK Credit Card Centre has been designated as a Credit Intermediary under the Consumer Credit Directive(CCD) of 2011. The UK Credit Card Centre receives commissions from credit card referrals/applications and credit card sales. The UK Credit Card Centre is regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).